The Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association pushed forward with starting fall sports, but with the stipulation that “higher risk” and “lower risk” sports will be delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With less than two weeks until high school football practice is set to begin in Wisconsin, the state body that governs sports has no plan yet to alter fall sports amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Known worldwide for its academics, the Ivy League has been making headlines in the sports world ever since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the United States.
On Tuesday, July 14, the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference announced its Scholar Athletes for the 2019-20 academic year and Edgewood College was well-represented.
Their spring seasons at the University of Wisconsin were cut short, but Heather Rudnicki and Carissa Witthuhn wrapped up the 2019-20 academic year on a high note.
- Home Talent baseball: League to start season July 4 weekend with safety measures
- Auto racing: Beale continues strong start in Marshfield
- Boys soccer: Popkewitz named Gatorade Player of the Year
- Prep sports: Verona fills three coaching vacancies
- Football: WFCA All-Star Games officially canceled
- Auto racing: Beale wins again in Wausau
- Wrestling: Verona trio named Academic All-State
- Men's basketball: Former VAHS star Buss transfers to Winthrop
- Swimming: Former UW standout to lead VAST
- Auto racing: Beale takes Trickle 99 checkered flag
- Women's rowing: Witthuhn’s season, career on the water cut short
- Swimming and diving: All-City meets, duals canceled for 2020
- College softball: Anderson stars, McChesney sidelined in abbreviated season
- College softball: Different endings for ex-Verona stars
- Youth sports: MASC grants available to local organizations
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC extends physical exam period
- Home Talent baseball: Opening day pushed back to July 4
- Boys golf: Wisconsin coaches have power to affect change in prep seasons
- Legion baseball: COVID-19 strikes out 2020 season
- Youth soccer: WYSA cancels spring season
- Community sports: IRONMAN 70.3 Wisconsin postponed until September
- Softball: Verona duo named WFSCA All-Stars
- Youth sports: Verona Little League’s silver anniversary season on hold
- Prep sports: WIAA talked to IHSAA regarding spring competitions in summer
- Professional hockey: VAHS grad Kepler helps Chinese team to league title
- Girls basketball: WBCA postpones All-Star Games to August
- Golf: Rufenacht enjoys first round at Hawks Landing
- Golf: Evers allows courses to open Friday with safety measures
- Major League Baseball: Rortvedt can’t wait to rejoin Twins
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC cancels spring competition
- Baseball: Mallards season opener postponed
- Professional golf: Am Fam Championship canceled
- Prep sports: UW-Madison cancellations impact WIAA spring tournaments