Those interested in gardening or looking to elevate their herb knowledge may be interested in an upcoming event at the Verona Public Library.
The Verona Lions Club held a food drive for Badger Prairie Needs Network on the morning on Saturday, Feb. 20, at Miller and Sons Supermarket. Collection boxes were placed near the entrance of the store, and shoppers were handed lists of food and non-food items needed by the pantry.
This month’s photo from the Verona Area Historical Society shows a group of young students at Verona's former McPherson rural school. Society president Jesse Charles said the photo is a copy that made its way to the group via the library, so they are trying to find the original photo.
Lightly falling snow and frigid temperatures were a fitting complement to the pickup hockey game that broke out at the outdoor ice rink next to Verona Ice Arena on Saturday, Feb. 13.
For Debra Errington, getting “up close and personal” with an original work by the legendary painter Frida Kahlo in the past month was when she knew she’d “made it” in the world of art museums.
Some of these events require advanced registration to receive links to the Zoom meetings. Other events are held through Facebook Live. For information, visit veronapubliclibrary.org/events
- Verona families share how they’ll celebrate Chinese New Year
- Book Review: "Dung for Dinner: A Stomach-Churning Look at the Animal Poop, Pee, Vomit, and Secretions That People Have Eaten (and Often Still Do!)" by Christine Virnig
- Lions food drive for BPNN set Feb. 20
- Red Cross blood donations set for Feb. 19
- Celebrate the new year with virtual Chinese storytime Feb. 6
- American Legion to host spaghetti dinner Feb. 10
- Friends of Military Ridge Trail meeting set Feb. 8
- VAHS alum selected for university leadership program
- Virtual author events set for Feb. 8, 15
- Funny Faces Family Entertainment visits Four Winds Manor
- Registration cutoff for VACT youth spring show auditions is Feb. 4
- Virtual exercise and wellness classes at the Senior Center
- Coronavirus vaccine informational presentation set Feb. 4
- Devil’s Lake virtual hike is set for Jan. 26
- Library program offers incentives for youth reading