Corey Saffold spends much of his days centered around education – if he’s not at the Verona Area High School, he’s doing online learning for his Bachelor’s degree at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Verona’s Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission met in an actual park on Wednesday, July 15. In order to promote physical distancing, members of the commission met at Harriet Park to hold their July meeting. Members discussed a proposal to improve the Ice Age Trail corridor along Badger M…
Clem LaMere and Stan Hook of American Legion Post 385 met with the Verona Area Wildcat (VAHS secretary Theresa Saley) at the new high school building on Monday, July 27, to deliver 150 flags the legion bought for the school. The flags will be placed in every classroom in the school.
While COVID-19 mostly spreads from person to person and rarely infects animals, the pandemic still affects all creatures great and small, even at what’s supposed to be a sanctuary for them.
A scary, life-threatening moment for one Verona woman has brought together a community of friends, family and colleagues to support her recovery – raising around $15,000 for her medical expenses.
A company hoping to redevelop a block of West Verona Avenue is holding a virtual informational meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 30 for anyone interested in learning more about the project.
The Verona Senior Center is offering a variety of virtual programs to keep aging minds and bodies fit and healthy. For information about how to register for events, visit friendsofveronaseniorcenter.org/calendar
- Activity coordinator’s second life
- Coronavirus curtails the curtain rise
- Madison School and Community Recreation to hold orienteering class July 26
- Virtual events at the library
- Online Dane County Fair is set for this weekend
- Library scales back express service hours
- Dragonfly monitoring at Whalen Pond
- Community gathers to show police support, appreciation
- Verona artist participates in “The Great American Paint In”
- Historical society still searching for a permanent home
- Historical society seeks help saving local history
- New book imagines waking up ‘perfect’
- ‘Summer Showcase’ keeps 4-H members involved
- Zoom event to address spiritual and mental health
- National Night Out 2020 canceled