To help honor Black history and culture during Black History Month, the Stoughton Area School District featured nightly “read-alouds” of books by Black authors throughout February.
The free sessions, set for 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 22, March 8 and March 22, will begin with a half-hour viewing of the documentary “13th” (2016) by filmmaker Ava DuVernay. A discussion facilitated by Small Fire, a Madison-based group of restorative justice practitioners, will follow fo…
While the latest federal health guidelines suggest schools can fully open based on COVID-19 data, Stoughton Area School District administrators are waiting to hear from Dane County.
River Bluff Middle School sixth-grade students and Stoughton High School freshmen were able to finally return to their classrooms on Monday, Feb 1, after nearly a year away. The two classes will have the week to adjust to their new school before the rest of the students (grades (7-8 and 10-1…
For nearly two decades, Sarah Kemp from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Applied Population Laboratory has visited Stoughton every other year to share projections on district enrollment and trends.
With the second semester of the 2020-21 underway, many Stoughton Area School District students in grades 6-12 are set to return over the next two weeks.
With the COVID-19 school closure exacerbating the Stoughton Area School District’s declining enrollment, the school board is making sure there’s plenty of room for area students to go to school here.
Stoughton High School students Belinda Akale, Michael Turner II and Savanna Jemilo were the recipients of the 2020-21 Martin Luther King, Jr. Outstanding Young Person award.
- Five candidates for three Stoughton school board seats
- St. Ann Parish Knights of Columbus award scholarships to SHS alums
- Plans set for in-person return starting Jan. 25
- Kegonsa holiday shoe drive seeking donations to reach goal
- Elementary schools prepare to expand next month
- Plans taking shape for return to school for 3-12 students
- SHS artists spread holiday joy, one ‘tea’ at a time
- SASD administrators to present in-person plans Monday
- PHMDC releases new K-12 school guidance
- More in-person school planned for next year
- ‘Joyful hum’ returns to Stoughton K-2 classrooms
- New K-5 reading curriculum gets back to the basics
- K-2 students returned to classes Monday
- Citing budget, school board cancels police position
- Slight tax rise for ‘21 amid COVID-19 uncertainty