After 11 years as the Stoughton High School Athletic and Activities Director, Mel Dow is moving on to become the WIAA’s associate director.
Oregon’s Zack Riddle pulled off a late slide by two cars before a caution flag to win his third championship in the NASCAR Late Model feature on Friday, July 23, at Madison International Speedway.
Oregon High School graduate Carleigh Roberts closed out her prep career by playing in the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association’s Division 2 All-Star game on Wednesday, July 14, at JustAGame Fieldhouse in Wisconsin Dells.
The Oregon High School summer baseball team snuck past Waunakee with a 9-8 win in a back and forth effort, led by a 3 RBI double from senior Tyler Soule in the fifth inning.
Oregon’s Carter Goltz, reminiscent of former Seattle Mariners star Ichiro Suzuki, hit a curveball that bounced in the dirt before heading into left field for an RBI single off Stoughton’s Connor Blaney.
Burlington pitcher Morgan Klein held the Panthers to one hit in the game, but Oregon coach Scott Mirkes said his team has plenty to be proud of after the program's furthest postseason run in team history.
- Softball: Bloyer nominated for state coaches’ association all-star game
- Lacrosse: Oregon excited for future after reaching state semifinal
- Hockey: Oregon Tradesmen name Eric Fenton as new head coach
- Softball: Five Panthers named all-conference
- Baseball: Soule, Buskager named first-team all-conference
- Girls soccer: Panthers have nine named all-conference
- Girls track and field: Wannebo reaches podium in shot put with sixth place finish
- Boys track and field: 3,200-meter relay, Johnson reach podium at state meet
- Girls soccer: Oregon drops state semifinal heartbreaker to Notre Dame
- Softball: Panthers end season with sectional final loss to Burlington
- Boys track and field: Panthers send two relays, two individuals to state
- Baseball: Panthers fall to MG on walk-off in 8th
- Cheer: Oregon Cheer team takes fourth in game day routine at state
- Softball: Back to back home runs send Oregon to sectional final
- Girls track and field: Panthers qualify for state in shot put, two relays