While Oregon School District officials are still waiting on a few key numbers, they’re preparing a 2020-21 budget that could include a modest tax increase.
Dane County Executive Joe Parisi strongly encouraged schools to continue following county public health recommendations after the Wisconsin Supreme Court temporarily blocked part of a county health order.
While the switch to virtual education has been a main focus at the Oregon School District this year, several administrative changes have resulted in familiar faces in new roles.
Oregon School District officials are anxious to get more students back into classrooms, but with a recent spike in COVID-19 cases, they remain waiting for guidance from Dane County public health officials.
School will be back in session this week, and to help area families in need, the Oregon High School FFA is sponsoring a “Back to School” food drive for the Oregon Area Food Pantry.
Dane County health officials have amended their schools reopening plan to allow in-person instruction to students with a disability and/or individualized education programs.
Oregon School District staff spent the week before the start of school handing out materials to students at their respective schools. Materials were picked up through a drive-thru system, similar to the other ways the district has provided items for students since COVID-19 started.
- New school year set for virtual start on Sept. 8
- County health order shifts planned school reopening
- Forest Edge growing for the future
- District begins preparing for an uncertain school year
- Building a culture at the new Forest Edge Elementary School
- Police officer agreement extended with OSD
- OSD hopes to learn lessons from sudden spring shutdown
- OSD summer sessions focus on social/emotional learning
- OSD school year to begin online Sept. 8
- ‘Mad Scientists’ and more during OSD virtual summer school
- District to buy more Chromebooks, tablets with leftover funds
- OSD, Nehemiah Center hosting virtual discussion on racism, equity July 28
- OSD fall opening remains unclear
- Longtime OSD bus driver Bruce Carl receives OHS diploma
- OHS virtual graduation is set for July 25