With the Oregon School District growing – but still not near capacity – the Oregon School Board approved adding 28 elementary school-age open enrollment spots during its meeting on Monday, June 14.
The last day of the 2020-21 school year was Wednesday, June 9, and after this weekend’s graduation ceremony, the book has closed on an unforgettable year, and the careers of five long-time district employees.
The state Supreme Court ruled June 11 that county health officers cannot close schools within their jurisdictions, stemming from a lawsuit against Dane County over COVID-19 related emergency orders.
The 2020-21 school year has been anything but routine for the Oregon High School Class of 2021, so perhaps it’s fitting that the end will have a bit of a twist.
When athletes worldwide compete in the Olympics next month, they’ll know how they rank as soon as their athletic challenges are over.
Oregon High School math teacher Dave Ebert is one of six Wisconsin educators named finalists for the 2021 Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
- OHS blended learning lab would serve online students
- Counselors adapt to meet social-emotional needs
- OHS senior Jeske named Presidential Scholar
- District plans OHS outdoor commencement June 13
- OSD to receive $103,000 in county mental health funding
- OHS artists have success in duck stamp competition
- OSD music programs win national award – again
- District honored for student participation in AP classes
- Get ready for an OHS ‘Encore’ performance starting April 30
- Steve Zach reflects on years on school board, growth of district
- Flanagan elected school board president
- District to add social workers, STEAM teacher
- Oregon students compete in underwater robotics challenge
- Addressing coming student ‘crunch’ at OMS
- ‘Make Music Oregon’ set for first concert March 31