When Carissa Witthuhn enters the workforce with a master’s degree in audiology, she will take with her lessons learned from her time on the University of Wisconsin women’s rowing team.
The prep softball careers of 2019 Verona Area High School graduates Meghan Anderson and Molly McChesney ended similarly, but their freshman years as college players played out much differently.
The NCAA’s decision on March 12 to cancel all remaining winter and spring championships due to concerns over the coronavirus pandemic drastically altered the senior softball seasons of two 2016 Verona Area High School graduates.
The Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association Board of Control approved an extension of the alternate year physical examination period required for interscholastic participation at its monthly meeting Friday, May 15.
The Verona Cavaliers will have to wait at least another month and a half before beginning a quest for a third straight Home Talent Baseball League championship.
If the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association had its golf seasons set up like the state to its south, the coronavirus pandemic would not have affected the WIAA boys season.
On Saturday, May 9, the American Legion Department of Wisconsin announced its decision to cancel the 2020 Wisconsin American Legion baseball season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The biggest question for the Verona Area Soccer Club was how to handle registration fees for the Madison Area Youth Soccer Association after the Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association canceled the spring season.
Verona Little League was set to start its 25th anniversary on Saturday, May 2, but the celebration will have to wait due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As the coronavirus pandemic swept across the country, the executive directors of each high school athletic association started to reach out to one another with updates regarding the cancellation of high school seasons and state tournaments.
Self-reflection has been the best medicine for Claudia Kepler as she looks back on her second professional hockey season and thinks about the next chapter of her life.
- Golf: Rufenacht enjoys first round at Hawks Landing
- Golf: Evers allows courses to open Friday with safety measures
- Major League Baseball: Rortvedt can’t wait to rejoin Twins
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC cancels spring competition
- Baseball: Mallards season opener postponed
- Professional golf: Am Fam Championship canceled
- Prep sports: UW-Madison cancellations impact WIAA spring tournaments
- College sports: Herkert brothers support each other amid pandemic
- Golf: University Ridge, Hawk’s Landing, Edelweiss Chalet anxious to re-open
- Auto racing: Beale-Zehr partnership turning heads
- Swimming: VA/MH athletes receive academic honors
- College softball: Rainey transferring from Badgers to Bison
- Column: My must-see sports movie list
- Prep sports: Spring events pushed back to at least May 7
- Women's swimming: Nelson’s UW career abruptly ends
- Prep sports: No spring sports on horizon
- Boys hockey: Six Wildcats earn all-state honors
- Girls basketball: Briggs to play in WBCA All-Star Game
- Prep sports: WIAA spring sports suspended
- College baseball: Bulldogs, former Wildcats have seasons canceled
- Football: Anderson, Dawkins eager for Big Ten opportunities
- Boys hockey: Renlund nets game-winner to give Verona state championship
- Girls hockey: Metro Lynx fall to Stars in state title game
- Gymnastics: Verona/Edgewood finishes 10th at state
- Prep sports: Dozen Wildcats pick D-III colleges
- Boys basketball: Verona’s regional upset bid falls short
- Boys hockey: Wildcats skate back to state
- Girls hockey: Historic season continues for Lynx
- Gymnastics: Verona/Edgewood makes surprise state run
- Wrestling: Hanson bows out in first round at state
- Girls basketball: Wildcats almost stun Cardinals
- Boys basketball: Verona falls to East in regular-season finale
- Boys swimming: Best earns bronze in butterfly