Verona Area/Mount Horeb split a Big Eight Conference double dual at home against Madison La Follette and Madison Memorial on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
The Madison Metro Lynx girls hockey team entered last week ranked fourth in the Wisconsin Prep Hockey Coaches Poll, and pushed its winning streak to six with a pair of narrow victories.
The backcourt duo of freshmen Megan Murphy and Abbi Rupnow led the Verona girls basketball team to a 54-25 road win over Beloit Memorial on Thursday, Jan. 9.
Verona began its home dual against Madison Memorial with three convincing victories and won five of the nine contested matches, but injuries and absences caught up to the Wildcats.
Senior Hailey Dohnal had two top-four finishes to propel the Verona/Edgewood gymnastics team to a fourth-place finish in the White Division at the Mount Horeb Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 4.
Sun Prairie remained undefeated and atop the Big Eight Conference standings, while Verona fell behind early and couldn’t recover when the two teams met Saturday, Jan. 4.
In a field similar to a state meet, the Verona Area/Mount Horeb boys swimming team posted four top-seven finishes en route to taking 10th in the 32-team Marquette Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 4, in Brown Deer.
Verona is looking to snap a three-game losing streak after a pair of losses at the JustAgame Holiday Classic on Friday, Dec. 27 and Saturday, Dec. 28, at JustAgame Fieldhouse in Wisconsin Dells.
- Boys hockey: Wildcats win marquee tournament title
- Wrestling: Hanson pins way to semifinals at Bi-State Classic
- Girls basketball: Wildcats shoot to third in Waunakee
- Boys swimming: VA/MH wins second straight invitational
- Girls hockey: Metro Lynx capture Culver’s Cup crown
- Boys hockey: Wildcats roll past rival Cardinals
- Boys swimming: VA/MH captures team title at Beloit Memorial
- Girls hockey: Metro Lynx travel northwest with mixed results
- Wrestling: Wozniak, Page claim second in Mount Horeb
- Girls basketball: Verona unable to upset Cardinals, Spartans on the road
- Boys basketball: Wildcats rally past Regents at home
- Gymnastics: Wildcat/Crusaders edged in season opener
- Prep sports: Verona’s Vandervest and Zahler ink NLI’s
- Girls hockey: Metro Lynx fall in marquee matchup with Cougars
- Wrestling: Hanson continues dominant start with second tournament title
- Boys swimming: VA/MH takes second in Fort, splits double dual
- Boys hockey: Verona perched atop Big Eight standings after routs
- Boys basketball: Wildcats hold off Cardinals
- 5. Updegrove breaks records, wins medals at state
- 2. Wildcats reach state semis for second straight year
- 4. Tennison caps stellar career at state
- 3. Acker takes silver, verbally commits to Badgers
- 1. Golden boys of the pitch
- Girls basketball: Wildcats bottle up Regents at home
- Girls hockey: Metro Lynx pitch pair of shutouts
- Boys swimming: VA/MH opens season with win over Purple Knights
- Boys basketball: Wildcats fall in season opener
- Girls basketball: Verona’s upset bid of No. 3 Middleton falls short
- Boys soccer: All-staters Popkewitz and Lynch earn national honors
- Wrestling: Verona heavyweight Hanson starts season strong
- Boys hockey: Wildcats blast past Regents and Purple Knights
- Gymnastics: Underclassmen aiming to vault into prominence
- Girls hockey: Metro Lynx roll past Hilltoppers in another rout