For the second time in as many years, the Verona boys soccer team are Big Eight Conference champions.
The Verona volleyball team clinched at least a share of the Big Eight Conference title with a 25-20, 25-8, 25-18 home win over Beloit Memorial on Thursday, Oct. 10.
The Verona boys cross country team won its second meet in a row Thursday, Oct. 10, taking the team title with 62 points at the 19-team Viking Invitational.
Verona senior quarterback Adam Bekx tossed four touchdowns in the first half to lead the Wildcats to a 49-7 win over Beloit Memorial on Friday, Oct. 11, at Curtis Jones Field.
Verona senior Meredith Conley finished second place in No. 1 singles at the Division 1 Wauankee Sectional on Thursday, Oct. 10, punching her ticket to the state tournament for the fourth straight year.
Verona senior Andrea Schleeper finished two shots out of a playoff for the final individual state tournament berth Tuesday, Oct. 8, at the Division 1 DeForest Sectional.
No. 1 singles player Meredith Conley and two doubles teams from Verona advanced to the Division 1 Waunakee Sectional out of the Madison Memorial Subsectional on Monday, Oct. 7, at Nielsen Tennis Stadium in Madison.
If there were any questions about how the Verona football team would bounce back after two heartbreaking losses, senior running back Haakon Anderson and the Wildcats answered them with authority.
The Verona boys cross country team placed three runners in the top four and won the 14-team Mukwonago Invitational with 44 points on Thursday, Oct. 3.
Verona clinched the Big Eight Conference title with a 7-0 home win over Madison La Follette and Sun Prairie’s 2-1 win over Madison East on Monday, Oct. 7.
Verona senior Andrea Schleeper advanced to the Division 1 DeForest Sectional after a strong performance at the Madison Memorial Regional on Friday, Oct. 4.
Sara Stewart had a hand in winning four events to help Verona Area/Mount Horeb defeat Big Eight Conference foe Madison Memorial 95-75 on Friday, Sept. 27.
- Cross country: Wildcats runners-up in Oshkosh
- Girls golf: Schleeper earns all-conference honors with top-five finish
- Football: Heartbreak once again for Wildcats
- Girls tennis: Wildcats display depth in four-day stretch
- Boys soccer: Wildcats suffer first loss after two shutouts
- Girls swimming: VA/MH continues to cut time across the board
- Volleyball: Sweet 16 in a row for Wildcats
- Girls tennis: Seniors elevate play in dual competition
- Football: Wildcats fall to Cardinals in see-saw battle
- Baseball: Short outfield fence meets NFHS guidelines
- Girls golf: Wildcats fall to Cougars ahead of conference
- Boys soccer: Wildcats back up No. 2 ranking with resilient play
- Boys cross country: Verona shows off depth in different meets
- Girls cross country: Wildcats compete at different levels
- Girls golf: Wildcats compete in three tournaments
- Girls swimming: VA/MH sees improvement against top teams
- Home Talent baseball: Cavaliers capture seventh league title
- Boys soccer: Wildcats blast Cougars, tie Spartans at home
- Prep sports: Verona girls tennis, volleyball sweep league foes
- Football: Wildcats’ defense carries the day in win over West
- Football: Explosive plays ignite Wildcats in rout
- Girls tennis: Wildcats go 3-1 in three-day stretch
- Girls swimming: Wildcats sweep the board against Cougars
- Girls cross country: Wildcats compete against loaded field at home
- Home Talent baseball: Cavs earn championship tiebreaker rematch with Twins
- Girls golf: Wildcats clash with state’s best
- Volleyball: Eight is great for Verona
- Boys soccer: Wildcats remain undefeated
- Boys cross country: DiMaggio finishes fifth, Wildcats take sixth at home invite
- Home Talent baseball: Cavs still clinging to title hopes
- Prep roundup: Verona cross country shines in season opener
- Girls tennis: Wildcats get back on track versus Cougars
- Football: Wildcats make statement against Middleton