An offensive explosion in its Division 1 Edgewood Sectional semifinal put Verona one win away from a third consecutive trip to the state tournament.
Verona Area/Mount Horeb sophomore Oscar Best had a record-breaking performance and won two medals at the Division 1 state meet on Saturday, Feb. 22, at the University of Wisconsin Natatorium.
After missing last year with torn cartilage in his hip, Verona heavyweight Jay Hanson continued his breakout sophomore season by qualifying for the Division 1 state tournament.
The Verona girls basketball team opens the Division 1 postseason with momentum after finishing off regular-season sweeps of Big Eight Conference foes Janesville Parker and Beloit Memorial.
Former Verona baseball star Keaton Knueppel decided to take his talents to the Pacific Northwest for college ball, but will be returning close to home this summer.
Verona skiers Sam Lynch and Ireland Gross and snowboarder Nate Redfern competed at the Wisconsin Interscholastic Alpine Racing Association Ski & Snowboard Championships at Mt. La Crosse.
Verona/Edgewood gymnastics closed out its regular-season Big Eight Conference slate with a 136.875-129.805 win over Madison West on Thursday, Feb. 13, at Madison Memorial High School.
- Boys hockey: Wildcats finish undefeated in Big Eight
- Boys hockey: Four-peat for Wildcats
- Boys swimming: VA/MH’s medley relay wins conference title
- Gymnastics: Wildcat/Crusaders take third in Middleton
- Girls basketball: Murphy paces Wildcats in losses
- Girls hockey: Lynx earn top sectional seed
- Boys basketball: Verona falls to Regents, Eagles
- Wrestling: Wozniak caps week with conference crown
- Prep sports: Quintet of Wildcats sign NLIs
- Gymnastics: Wildcat/Crusaders top Cougars
- Boys basketball: Buss takes over head coaching duties on interim basis
- Boys swimming: VA/MH improves times in Middleton
- Girls hockey: Lynx finish January unbeaten, fall to Fury
- Wrestling: Hanson, Grandau win Hustisford titles
- Girls basketball: Verona rolls past Madison directional schools
- Boys hockey: Wildcats trounce Lakers, Purple Knights
- Boys hockey: Wildcats remain undefeated in Big Eight play
- Girls hockey: Lynx push winning streak to nine
- Girls basketball: Verona holds off Craig after falling to Middleton
- Boys swimming: VA/MH sweeps road double dual
- Gymnastics: Verona/Edgewood dominates Madison East
- Boys basketball: Wildcats unable to stop skid
- Wrestling: Wildcats battle Big Eight foes on the mat
- Boys swimming: Bennin shines at Cardinal Relays
- Boys basketball: Purple Knights pull away from Wildcats
- Boys soccer: All-staters make college choices
- Girls hockey: Lynx pepper Beavers with goals
- Boys hockey: Wildcats' power play struggles in losses
- Gymnastics: Verona/Edgewood edged by Middleton in Big Eight dual
- Boys swimming: Wildcats close Natatorium with split
- Boys basketball: Wildcats hoping healthy lineup leads to wins
- Girls hockey: Verona players play pivotal roles in Lynx wins
- Girls basketball: Murphy, Rupnow lead Verona past Purple Knights