Whether wins or losses stack up this season, one thing is for sure when it comes to Verona girls basketball: the Wildcats are a youthful bunch.
Verona seniors Karl Sutter, Jordan Armstrong, Sara Stewart and Kaitlyn Zuehl each signed their National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at Verona Area High School.
Verona Area/Mount Horeb qualified for the Division 1 state meet in all but one event, as the Wildcats finished fifth in the 14-team Beloit Memorial Sectional with 256.5 points Saturday, Nov. 9, in Beloit.
Verona struggled to stay in its offensive system and couldn’t contain Sun Prairie’s high-powered offense Thursday, Oct. 31, in the Division 1 Sun Prairie Sectional semifinals.
Verona senior Luka DiMaggio and sophomore teammate Aidan Manning looked as though they might finish side-by-side at the Division 1 state meet Saturday, Nov. 2, at the Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids.
Verona Area/Mount Horeb freshman Peyton Drexler set a high standard at the Big Eight Conference Meet on Saturday, Nov. 2, at Beloit Memorial High School.
Verona senior Eliot Popkewitz scored from 25 yards out in the 88th minute to propel the Wildcats to a 1-0 win over Madison West in the Division 1 Sun Prairie Sectional championship on Saturday at Madison College’s Goodman Pitch.
The Verona Area High School boys soccer team punched its ticket to the Division 1 state tournament with a 1-0 win over Madison West in the Sun Prairie Sectional championship game at Madison College’s Goodman Pitch on Saturday, Nov. 2.
Verona senior Gannon Simonett had a goal and an assist to propel the Wildcats to a 3-1 win over Madison Memorial in a Division 1 regional championship on Saturday, Oct. 26, at Reddan Soccer Park.
Verona sophomore Aidan Manning and senior Luka DiMaggio punched their tickets to state with top-five finishes at the Division 1 Madison West Sectional on Saturday, Oct. 26, at Madison’s Lake Farm County Park.
Sun Prairie controlled the line of scrimmage and time of possession on its way to a 51-28 victory over Verona in the first round of the Division 1 playoffs on Friday, Oct. 25.
- Girls cross country: Knueve paces Wildcats at conference meet
- Boys cross country: Manning, DiMaggio earn all-Big Eight honors
- Boys soccer: Wildcats cruise down the stretch
- Girls swimming: VA/MH rolls past Purgolders
- Volleyball: Verona takes second at Big Eight Tournament
- Football: Wildcats earn rematch with Sun Prairie
- Girls tennis: Conley concludes career in Round of 16
- Volleyball: Verona secures share of Big Eight title
- Girls swimming: VA/MH cruises in final home dual
- Cross country: Wildcats continue upwards trend
- Football: Wildcats wallop Purple Knights
- Girls tennis: Conley, No. 1 doubles team state-bound
- Girls golf: Schleeper just short of state berth
- Boys soccer: Wildcats claim outright conference crown
- Girls tennis: Verona advances five players to sectionals
- Football: Verona thumps La Follette
- Girls swimming: VA/MH shakes up its lineup
- Cross country: Wildcats, Manning run to first in Mukwonago
- Boys soccer: Wildcats crowned conference champions
- Volleyball: Wildcats remain unbeaten in Big Eight
- Girls golf: Schleeper advances to sectionals
- Volleyball: Wildcats take over first in Big Eight
- Girls swimming: Wildcats edge Spartans in the pool
- Cross country: Wildcats runners-up in Oshkosh
- Girls golf: Schleeper earns all-conference honors with top-five finish
- Football: Heartbreak once again for Wildcats
- Girls tennis: Wildcats display depth in four-day stretch
- Boys soccer: Wildcats suffer first loss after two shutouts
- Girls swimming: VA/MH continues to cut time across the board
- Volleyball: Sweet 16 in a row for Wildcats
- Girls tennis: Seniors elevate play in dual competition
- Football: Wildcats fall to Cardinals in see-saw battle
- Baseball: Short outfield fence meets NFHS guidelines