The library’s summer reading program, titled “A Universe of Stories,” kicked off last weekend with a rocket ship bounce house, glow in the dark dance party and of course, books.
The first Music on Main of the summer season was held on Friday, June 14, with the Beth Kille Band headlining the show. Attendees brought along food and their lawn chairs to listen to Kille and her guitarist Michael Tilly perform her written works.
There is no longer much evidence that a tornado touched down on the northwestern side of Verona five years ago – unless you count the colors of house siding.
If the genre of music being played at one of the Music on Main or Concerts in the Park series isn’t quite to your liking, Verona Area Chamber of Commerce executive director Le Jordan said all you have to do is wait for the next one.
The local chapter of the National Quilt of Valor Foundation, the Verona Quilts of Valor group, honored 14 veterans during two award times on the morning of Saturday, May 4, 2019 at the Verona American Legion.
In the early hours of Tuesday, June 17, 2014, an EF-3 level tornado tore through northwestern Verona, touching down on Epic’s Farm Campus and skipping north before heading east through the Cross County Road neighborhoods, ending at Country View Elementary School.
- Verona celebrates Hometown Days
- Badger Prairie Healthcare Center 5K Fun Run June 8
- Verona celebrates Memorial Day
- Dane County Hike-a-Thon returns for eighth year
- Town of Verona woman recognized for ‘Meals on Wheels’ volunteer work
- Sugar River Ramble returns
- VACT, VAHS win statewide theater awards
- Legion to host Memorial Day services
- Oregon music nonprofit offers space for Rhapsody lessons
- Farmers market returns next week
- Library benefits from weekly WBC fundraiser
- Eagle Scout creates ga-ga pits at GE
- Work day planned May 18 at historic Davidson House
- Thursdays are back at Hometown Days
- VACT receives Rabin Youth Arts award
- Wisconsin Brewing Company to host library fundraiser
- Restored Matts House wins historic adaptive reuse award
- Program on Disney musicals set for May 5
- VACT presents 'Newsies'
- UW students brew with 'a total Wisconsin animal'
- Senior softball league begins May 1
- Parks director delivers “Arbor Day on Earth Day” talk at senior center
- Donald Park Trail Runs set for May 4
- Benefit for New Century School family April 27
- Library celebrates banner exhibit
- 2 Verona artists in April 27 show
- Police to host drug take-back event
- ‘Magical day’: GE teacher runs Boston Marathon
- Hundreds attend Chamber's spring festival
- Event honoring late VAHS grad grows again
- VACT to present ‘Newsies’
- Children headline three VACT shows
- Spring festival features egg hunt, field games