Cadet Cheyenne Trilling, daughter of Peter and Deanna Trilling of Verona, graduated from the U.S. Military Academy Saturday, June 13.
Verona Public Library is collaborating with Dane County Parks to facilitate a summer-long outdoor reading activity called a “Story Walk.”
UPDATE: The Summer Concerts in the Park series has been canceled until further notice due to changes to the Phase 2 guidelines put in effect on 7/2 by Public Health Madison and Dane County after a flare in COVID-19 cases.
Some of these events require advanced registration to receive links to the Zoom meetings. Other events are held through Facebook Live. For information, visit veronapubliclibrary.org.
The Verona Senior Center is offering a variety of virtual programs to keep aging minds and bodies fit and healthy. For information about how to register for events, visit friendsofveronaseniorcenter.org/calendar
Dane County executive Joe Parisi signed a resolution at a press conference held at Badger Prairie Needs Network on Wednesday, June 24, that gives Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin an additional $3 million in funding.
As a kid’s activity center, the Treehouse was never well suited for the migration to online programming so many businesses moved to when COVID-19 restrictions were at their peak in March and April.
Ken Krahn, owner of North and South Seafood and Smokehouse, and Kathy Hiteman, event coordinator at Wisconsin Brewing Company, have organized a new pop-up event to help local businesses.
- Concerts on Main to stretch through early August
- ‘This is not a trend, this is a movement:’ Black community members share experiences during March for Racial Justice
- Photos: Hundreds protest in Verona for racial justice
- A sweet end to virtual talent show
- Library re-opens in limited capacity
- First performance of the Music on Main Summer Concert Series held June 12
- VAHS graduate studying futuristic material
- Ice Arena opens for private groups, hockey practice
- Veronans gather to show support for black community
- Coronavirus doesn’t slow multiple sclerosis awareness down
- Library summer reading going virtual
- Fireman’s Park beach, splash pad opening in limbo
- Pop-up food event begins June 8
- Banners brighten up Verona Avenue, social media
- Fr. Sasse resigns at St. Christopher Parish
- VAPAS cancels remainder of season
- BPNN flag raising raises money for food
- Badger Prairie Needs Network steps up service during crisis
- First outdoor Verona Farmers' Market of the season
- Memorial Day observed at Verona Cemetery
- Verona churches offering services online
- Paoli creamery delivers the goods
- Signup underway for Resurrection Lutheran soccer camp
- Curbside service keeps library busy
- Dane County Fair cancellation hits home for 4-H families
- Area Memorial Day services pared to one due to COVID-19 restrictions
- New website seeks to stop the spread
- Farmers’ Market returns May 20
- Chamber holding virtual talent contest
- Across Verona, people supporting the community by making masks
- Seamstress faces loss of spring business
- Caring for rabbits in quarantine
- Spring has sprung