Stoughton looking for help with video board project
Stoughton High School alumnus Sam McHone had his track and field season cut short as a member of the University of Wisconsin men’s team.
Stoughton senior Adam Hobson and SHS girls basketball coach Brad Pickett were selected to participate in this year’s Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association All-Star Game.
Located in the top right hand corner of a mural full of great moments in Stoughton wrestling history is the portrait of the man who made the program into the powerhouse it has been for decades.
Every storybook ending has a hero, and Alex Wicks was happy to play the part for Stoughton in the Division 1 team state championship dual.
Rather than wilt under the bright lights of the Kohl Center, Stoughton wrestlers Nicolar Rivera and Brooks Empey shined as the aggressors in their respective Division 1 state championships.
In addition to the state championships won by Nicolar Rivera and Brooks Empey, Stoughton senior Gavin Model and junior Luke Mechler medaled at the Division 1 state tournament.
Each player took a turn cutting down a portion of the net after the Stoughton boys basketball team rolled to a 72-57 win over Monona Grove on Thursday, Feb. 27, to clinch the outright Badger South Conference championship.
- Wrestling: Stoughton septuple state-bound
- Wrestling: Three-peat still in play for Vikings
- Boys swimming: Schmidt medals in 200, 500 free at state
- Boys basketball: Vikings earn top sectional seed
- Girls hockey: Icebergs spring upset on Hilltoppers
- Boys hockey: Vikings shut out in regional
- Girls basketball: Stoughton honors seniors, falls to Cheesemakers
- Bowling: Stoughton club secures first state berth
- Boys swimming: Clark, Schmidt on brink of history
- Wrestling: Vikings claim regional title, team sectional berth
- Boys basketball: Stoughton slips into tie atop league
- Girls basketball: Vikings land matchup with McFarland
- Girls hockey: Schipper scores twice against Brookfield
- Boys hockey: Vikings hoping to right ship in postseason
- Prep sports: Boosters Club hosting Winter Appreciation Event
- Wrestling: Vikings crush conference foes
- Boys basketball: Stoughton steamrolls Monroe in battle for first
- Boys swimming: Schmidt paces Vikings as conference champion
- Girls basketball: Vikings split Badger South games
- Girls hockey: Icebergs, Hilltoppers to meet in postseason
- Boys hockey: Vikings look to spring upset in postseason
- Rugby: Registration now open for club teams
- Competitive dance: Vikings return to state
- Boys basketball: McGee, Vikings dunk Red Hawks
- Girls hockey: Icebergs thunder past Lightning
- Boys hockey: Vikings blast Blackhawks, tie Cheesemakers
- Girls basketball: Stoughton bounces back with rout of Blackhawks
- Wrestling: Stoughton finishes middle of the pack in Deerfield
- Boys swimming: Balanced Stoughton races past Milton
- Girls hockey: Icebergs unable to snap cold spell
- Boys hockey: Vikings snap skid against Silver Eagles
- Girls basketball: Vikings topple Warriors, fall late to Goslings
- Boys swimming: Stoughton drops home dual against DeForest