The Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association announced Friday, June 26, that its annual All-Star Games have been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sports might still be at a standstill in Wisconsin, but the state’s high school association made several important decisions that will affect future seasons.
Three fire trucks and Otis Sampson American Legion Post 59 saluted the seniors on the Stoughton baseball team with a drive-by parade Sunday, June 28, at Norse Park.
When Nate LaPoint hung up his skates at Division II Northland College and transferred to the University of North Dakota, he had no idea whether his career in hockey would continue.
One good look at the hardware at Stoughton High School displays what the numbers back up – the last decade has been the most successful in school history.
The Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association has released guidance and recommendations for high schools across the state to resume summertime athletic activities beginning July 1.
Caylie Kotlowski – a rising senior at Stoughton High School – tied for 16th at the Wisconsin State Women’s Open on Wednesday, June 17.
Stoughton Area School District superintendent Tim Onsager was one of 16 Badger Conference school administrators to sign his name to a statement condemning racism.
One of the special moments in a season chocked full of them for the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team came from 5-foot-7 forward Maddie Posick.
- Home Talent baseball: Opening day pushed back to July 4
- Prep sports: No extended spring season for Stoughton athletes
- Girls soccer: Vikings win virtual Badger Conference Soccer Jam
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC extends physical exam period
- Figure skating: SHS senior earns national award
- Golf: Stoughton senior records two holes-in-one in prep for first college season
- Youth sports: MASC grants available to local organizations
- Hockey: SHS grad sweeps Big Ten honors
- Youth soccer: SAYSA limited to online training
- Boys golf: Wisconsin coaches have power to affect change in prep seasons
- Youth sports: Stoughton Little League waits on decision
- Legion baseball: COVID-19 strikes out 2020 season
- Softball: Stoughton’s Hammersley named WFSCA All-Star
- Prep sports: WIAA talked to IHSAA regarding spring competitions in summer
- Men's golf: Anderson’s junior year at UW cut short
- Basketball: WBCA postpones All-Star Games to August
- Golf: Stoughton Country Club packed on opening day
- College football: Spring practice on hold for Badgers, four former Vikings
- Auto racing: MIS updates April, May schedule
- Golf: Evers allows courses to open Friday with safety measures
- Hockey: Hults inks NHL deal
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC cancels spring competition
- Prep sports: UW-Madison cancellations impact WIAA spring tournaments
- Major League Baseball: Bunnell prepping for first full season with Braves
- Track and field: Stoughton coaches, athletes transitioning to individualized training
- Golf: Play suspended statewide
- Column: My must-see sports movie list
- Softball: Jemilo stays active in gym, online
- Prep sports: SHS looking for help with video board project
- Women’s track and field: Weum enters top-10 at Iowa
- Men's track and field: McHone’s season comes to sudden close with Badgers
- Basketball: Duo picked to WBCA All-Star Game
- Prep sports: WIAA spring sports suspended until April 6