Stoughton co-coach Dan Spilde can make history in the Vikings’ season opener against Monona Grove/McFarland on Friday.
The Stoughton boys swimming team started its season with a 91-70 dual win on the road over Badger South Conference rival Watertown on Tuesday, Nov. 26.
Stoughton junior guard Cael McGee may have been the most eager to get out on the court for the season opener after he suffered a broken ankle that cost him a large chunk of last season.
Izzy Newton scored two goals, but the Oregon junior forward couldn’t lead the Icebergs girls hockey co-op to a comeback win in the season opener against the Madison Metro Lynx.
With one of the most prolific scorers in the Badger South Conference in senior forward Brody Hlavacek returning, the Stoughton boys hockey team has its sights set on moving up the ladder in the league.
Stoughton junior Sophia Bormett’s quest to repeat as the 200-yard freestyle state champion came up short, but she medaled in the event at the Division 2 state meet Friday, Nov. 15.
The Icebergs girls hockey team made a run to the sectionals last year and plans to use that as a springboard for this season under the direction of new coach Zoe Kurth.
- Prep sports: Vikings earn all-conference nods
- Girls swimming: Stoughton takes fourth as conference meet hosts
- Football: Cheesemakers stun Vikings in the snow
- Girls cross country: Jenny caps career with third state appearance
- Boys cross country: Zywicki eager to improve after first state appearance
- Flag football: Stoughton squads win brackets at Racetrack Park
- Volleyball: Stoughton falls short in thrilling regional semifinal
- Football: Stoughton sacks Sauk Prairie in playoff opener
- Cross country: Jenny, Zywicki headed to state
- Girls swimming: Bormett wins three events in loss to Panthers
- Boys soccer: Vikings get by Red Hawks, fall to Elks in regional
- Football: Vikings capture share of Badger South title
- Boys soccer: Vikings split final regular-season contests
- Cross country: Stoughton boys claim conference title; Jenny wins individual crown
- Prep sports: Stoughton volleyball celebrates seniors
- Football: Nelson to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Volleyball: Stoughton claims third at conference tournament
- Prep sports: Goetz bounced at sectional tennis tournament
- Football: Vikings keep conference title hopes alive
- Boys soccer: Middlesteadt paces Vikings on the pitch
- Girls golf: Kotlowski cousins compete at state
- Girls tennis: Goetz breezes into sectional
- Boys cross country: Zywicki medals in home invite
- Prep sports: Badger Conference realignment plan set
- Youth hockey: SYHA holds events at Mandt Center
- Prep sports: Vikings tie for third in Waunakee
- Football: Vikings rally past Goslings
- Girls golf: Kotlowski crowned regional champion
- Girls cross country: Jenny paces Vikings to seventh
- Football: Red Hawks stun Vikings in double overtime
- Prep sports: Jenny cracks top-20 in stacked field
- Girls tennis: Halverson advances to Day 2 at Badger Conference Tournament
- Girls swimming: Vikings making waves