Kids love transformers, but usually they’re the robot toy/movie kind.

Kegonsa Elementary School students got to learn first-hand all about real transformers when the electrical system blew out around 7 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, leaving the building without electricity just as staff and students were set to arrive.

Once it was clear the transformer would need significant repairs, students in grades K-2 were transported to Fox Prairie for classes and students in grades 3-5 were taken to Sandhill while Stoughton Utilities made repairs.

After repairs were completed in the afternoon, students were transported back to Kegonsa around 1 p.m. and classes resumed until the regular dismissal time, district spokesperson Derek Spellman wrote the Hub in an email.

Email Unified Newspaper Group reporter Scott De Laruelle at scott.delaruelle@wcinet.com.