In the past year, the Stoughton Area School District has received more than $275,000 in funding from the Wisconsin Department of Justice to improve security at its schools and buildings.
Stoughton High School art students showed they are among the best in the conference earlier this month during the annual Badger Conference Art Show/Challenge.
Establishing “community nights” for families to better get to know staff, helping students build resilience and understand the importance of world language, and providing more internet access. This school year, the Stoughton Area School District’s “Innovation Grants” made an impact in severa…
Stoughton High School held its annual Junior Prom on Saturday, April 27 at the Overture Center in Madison, with a “Starry Night” theme. A post-prom event was held afterwards at the SHS Fieldhouse.
With the 2019-20 school year just around the corner on July 1, Stoughton School Board president Frank Sullivan announced committee chairs for the coming year on Monday night.
Whether is was performing for packed houses with crowds lined up out the door, or just for some free custard, the Stoughton High School Norwegian Dancers brought their own flavor of entertainment to the American Southwest last month.
Frank Sullivan will lead the Stoughton Area school board into the 2019-20 school year after he was reelected at Monday’s annual board reorganization meeting. The meeting takes place after the spring election.
The Kegonsa Elementary School’s library media center got a special visitor March 15 – April, the therapy dog. Students from all grades enjoyed reading and relaxing with April and her owners, Edward and Jeanne Schultz. Students and staff are already looking forward to hosting April again late…
For the first time in more than a decade, Stoughton Area School District administrators and board members will be taking a hard look at staffing, with an eye to find a fit with the district’s continued declining enrollment.
As the Stoughton Wellness Coalition continues its work to help keep area youth away from drugs and alcohol, project coordinator Teressa Pellett sees progress being made.
- ‘Nurtured Heart’ part of new approach to discipline at SASD
- Gille wins $10K Kohl Excellence Scholarship
- SHS presents spelling bee comedy show
- Stoughton Area School Board candidate questionnaires
- Total of 216 cameras will soon cover entire inside ‘footprint’ of schools
- New STEAM lab is coming together at Sandhill
- SHS grad Jerrick to sing here with Ripon College March 18
- Board spends two hours going through district bylaws
- Back to the Big Apple: SHS concert to perform in Carnegie Hall for fourth time since ‘08
- Stoughton High School DECA blood drive collects 63 pints
- Facilitated by SASD ‘Nurtured Heart’ trainers
- SHS goes 'Global'
- DPI reports state graduation rates improve
- 2019-20 classes begin Tuesday, Sept. 3
- 'Global' grant helps bring world focus to Stoughton Feb. 26
- River Bluff talent on display
- More high school students taking college-level exams
- SASD faced with potential reductions after next school year
- Women’s Issues class enlightens high school students
- District ‘assessing all’ options to make up missed days
- SHS class holds mock ‘Shark Tank’ final exam
- Kegonsa kids stay warm with new chess club
- ‘Activity Day’ marks mid-year at Fox Prairie
- Four SASD built-in ‘snow days’ used up in last two weeks
- Snow day adventures
- SASD student decline slowing, UW study shows
- Quiz Bowl team headed to nationals for ninth straight year
- State CPR grant closing, but SASD programs will continue
- Fox Prairie students raise $1,400 for humane society
- New SHS class gives students view into new world of coding
- SASD teaming with Stoughton Utilities on 'Cool Choices' energy program
- ATM at SHS would be handled by armed guards
- ‘Nurtured Heart’ training is Jan. 17 at SHS