When it comes to helping his high school students find a career path, finding out what you don’t want to do can be as important as finding what you do.
Karen Johnson was just about to open the door to let a group of increasingly anxious kids off the bus at the end of another school day as she heard the growing howls of protest.
Scientists from Promega Corporation visited River Bluff Middle School this month, helping students learn more about DNA extraction. Through the partnership, volunteers from Promega help students understand scientific concepts, equipment and skills by going through the process of extracting D…
From hosting events promoting physical fitness and healthy snacks, to a fresh salad bar in the school’s cafeteria, Sandhill Elementary is becoming well known for its focus on physical well-being.
Just hours after police shot and wounded a student brandishing a gun at Waukesha South High School, Stoughton Area School District administrators and board members held their annual safety update.
Fox Prairie third grade teacher Emily Daino is in her first year as a full-time teacher after filling it at the school last spring as a long-term substitute. Once a month, she meets with Stoughton Area School District mentor teacher Chris Keenan to either observe her classroom, or the two wa…
Last year, a mild start to winter gave way to a three-week Arctic blast that saw the Stoughton Area School District cancel six out of 18 school days in late January and early February.
The walls of room 204 in the Stoughton Area School District’s administrative building are lined with hundreds of colorful sticky notes – “Someone poured chocolate milk inside my fleece jacket,” or “Mr. Johnson, I don’t want her in my group,” the notes read.
Fox Prairie Elementary School students, parents, staff and donors raised $13,000 during the Oct. 4 “Fox Trot” fundraiser organized by Fox Prairie Working for Kids. The event raised $13,400 for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) activities at the school.
When it comes to operating a school district, school board president Frank Sullivan said it comes down to communication. That was the focus of a special board learning session Monday Nov. 4 that gave some individual attention to all five district schools.
- Exploring cultures at Kegonsa
- Increased funding for environment, mental health in proposed budget
- Board frustrations mount as SASD enrollment drop continues
- SASD planning for next year after after school care options fell through
- ‘Lunches for Vikings’ provided meals for kids this summer
- SASD test scores down in math, up in social studies
- Officials notice higher numbers, reporting behavior inconsistencies at SASD
- Native symbol issue prompts questions of district advocacy; process
- Kegonsa receives ‘bronze’ level from state agencies for behavior work
- Board in midst of adjusting 5-year strategic plan
- Optimists award college scholarships to three SHS grads
- Fox Prairie student Addyson Sipe honored for artwork
- Evers’ vetoes ease the pain, but still a $1.6 million cut for SASD
- Longtime SHS educator Jerry Wendt inducted into Wisconsin FFA Hall of Fame
- Police recommended charges for former SHS coach's improper behavior; D.A. declined to file
- State budget impasse concerns school board; payments could be delayed
- Dress code changes, awards top recent school year
- Kegonsa students unlock potential of 3D printing
- Scholarships awarded at annual SHS Honors Night
- Class of 2019 graduation
- Retiring SASD educators look back on time in Stoughton; ahead to new chapter
- Simulated weapon use changing, board told
- Fox Prairie Elementary School students check out their new playground
- Ready to move on: SHS graduates set to pursue their dreams
- Fox Prairie gets new playground
- SHS students help with spring cleaning on Badfish Creek
- SASD safety drills this week; part of emphasis on security measures
- SHS students earn top awards at Badger Conference Art Show
- 'Innovation Grants' funding program for educators started in 2014
- ‘A Starry Night’
- Kegonsa fourth-graders create their own YouTube talk show
- Committee chairs chosen, Coughlin replaces Bubon as board treasurer
- SHS Norwegian Dancers’ spring break tour took them to Arizona, Nevada