A detached garage was a “total loss” after a fire on Door Creek Road in the Town of Pleasant Springs Sunday, June 9.

According to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff’s Office, the fire was called in around 5:28 p.m. for the 2800 block of Door Creek Road, which was closed between County Hwy. MN and Koshkonong Road for approximately an hour.

An unattended charcoal grill that was “just inside the garage” caused the fire based on an initial investigation, according to the release. The estimated damage is over $5,000, but no injuries occurred and no pets were harmed, the release states.

Fire personnel from McFarland, Cottage Grove and Stoughton responded to the scene, according to the release.

Contact Scott Girard at ungreporter@wcinet.com and follow him on Twitter @sgirard9.