The Stoughton Festival Choir will join the Stoughton City Band to perform a variety of holiday music and carols 4-6:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8 at the Stoughton Opera House, 381 E. Main St. for the “Sounds of the Season” winter concert.
Joanie Madden, leader of the all-women Irish group Cherish the Ladies, isn’t sure why Celtic music is so readily linked to the Christmas holiday. But like any good performer, she’s happy to give people what they want.
Thanksgiving in Stoughton is not just a time for family and friends to devour turkey — it brings people together for a charitable race that raises money for hungry Stoughton Area School District students.
The holidays are a time of giving. But when it comes to the Friends of the Library’s annual winter book sale, there’s always a lot of getting, too.
The days may be getting shorter, but three Victorian Holiday events return to light up Stoughton in holiday colors, with the 28th annual Lighting of the Love Ceremony, Holiday Light Display and Fire Truck Parade.
- START glove and sock drive ends Nov. 30
- Event takes place at Chorus Public House, 154 W. Main St.
- Mastering watercolor
- Annual ‘Gobble Wobble’ raises funds for Chip in for Meals program
- Nothing but strings
- New "Book Nook" at the Stoughton Public Library
- Annual Sons of Norway fall bake sale set for Nov. 23
- Children learn how to prepare Indian-style dish at the library
- Mandt Lodge hosts lefse classes
- Fine art festivities
- Oregon Community Band fall concert set for Nov. 19
- Collaborative ‘Art Space’ at the senior center
- Community workshop set for Nov. 19 aims to curb bullying
- “Peter and the Starcatcher” is set for another weekend performance
- New teen Art Cart at the library
- Stoughton Chamber Singers concert set for Nov. 17
- Stoughton History November
- Girl Scout food drive for the Stoughton food pantry set for Nov. 16
- Ernst 'Fiddling with Fate' event a 'success'
- Comedy, country, folk coming to Stoughton Opera House in November
- Abel’s opening reception for 3 new exhibits is set for Nov. 15
- Finale of the SHS Beauty and the Beast production
- German exchange students say farewell to Stoughton
- Village Players Theater’s Peter and Starcatcher starts Nov. 7
- Taking Halloween by the reins
- Commemorating Veterans Day around Stoughton
- St. Ann Catholic Parish to hold holiday gift fair Nov. 9
- Destination Weekend drew hundreds of families
- Three Stoughton graduates receive John T. Lyle Memorial scholarship
- SHS performs Beauty and the Beast Nov. 1-3
- Seven Halloween themed events around Stoughton
- Free Health Clinic 1950s themed fundraiser set for Nov. 1
- Community tailgate raises $3,500 for band each season