On weekdays in the winter, the Oregon High School cheer team is a part of the gameday experience for boys and girls basketball games.
With the statewide stay-at-home order in effect because of the coronavirus outbreak, one way for sports fans to get their fill is by watching some of the greatest movies.
Every year, five high school girls basketball teams in Wisconsin end their seasons with a win. Their prize is a state championship trophy and other honors bestowed upon them by their school.
More teams at the 2020 Wisconsin State 12 and Under Short Course State Championship opened the door for the Oregon Community Swim Club to bring home top hardware.
Junior guard Erik Victorson felt he and the rest of his Oregon teammates were prepared for Monona Grove’s 3-2 zone in the rubber match between Badger South Conference rivals.
The Oregon girls basketball team’s hopes of a run to the Division 2 state tournament are still alive after winning a regional title in front of a home crowd last week.
Oregon freshman Owen Heiser sat quietly in Section 125 of the Kohl Center as the clock struck noon on Friday, Feb. 28, surrounded by family and friends and still adorning his bright orange wrestling shoes and warm-up pullover.
The third matchup was not the charm for the Icebergs girls hockey co-op in its Division 1 Sun Prairie Sectional semifinal against the Cap City Cougars.
Eight Oregon wrestlers qualified for the Division 1 Oconomowoc Sectional with the dream of advancing to the state tournament, but only one broke through.
- Boys hockey: Panthers roll to regional title
- Boys basketball: Oregon/MG to meet in rubber match
- Girls basketball: Panthers cap regular season on high note
- Girls hockey: Icebergs spring upset in regional
- Boys swimming: Relays take eighth, miss state
- Wrestling: Oregon octuple advances to Oconomowoc
- Boys basketball: Victorson hits offensive stride in losses
- Girls hockey: Icebergs start postseason up north
- Boys hockey: Panthers cap regular season with wins
- Youth wrestling: Oregon places high in Mineral Point, Milton tournaments
- Girls basketball: Panthers surge to Badger South title
- Boys swimming: Stevenson captures conference title
- Wrestling: Niday takes second at conference tournament
- Girls basketball: Oregon demolishes Fort, survives Stoughton
- Boys hockey: Rubber match set for Panthers, Spartans
- Boys basketball: Milton fends off Oregon
- Girls hockey: Icebergs to face Hilltoppers again in postseason
- Rugby: Registration open for club teams
- Boys hockey: Oregon wins Groundhog opener
- Girls hockey: Icebergs thunder past Lightning
- Girls basketball: Panthers rout Cheesemakers, stay perfect at home
- Prep roundup: Verhage captures another weekend crown
- Youth wrestling: Top finishes propel Oregon to title in Monroe
- Youth hockey: Pee Wee, Bantam teams advance to state
- Wrestling: Oregon trio wins weekend titles
- Girls basketball: Oregon stomps Milton, Elkhorn
- Boys hockey: Panthers’ offense clicking amid winning streak
- Boys basketball: Oregon races past Portage
- Auto racing: MIS part of new HSRA
- Girls hockey: Icebergs unable to snap cold spell
- Youth hockey: Oregon PeeWee teams bring home hardware
- Boys swimming: Upperclassmen lead Panthers past Goslings
- Girls basketball: Panthers split conference matchups