The Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association announced Friday, June 26, that its annual All-Star Games have been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sports might still be at a standstill in Wisconsin, but the state’s high school association made several important decisions that will affect future seasons.
The Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association has released guidance and recommendations for high schools across the state to resume summertime athletic activities beginning July 1.
During her prep days, Taylor McCorkle often found herself atop or high up leaderboards because of her strength and natural ability.
With two Division III All-America honors already under her belt, Maddie LeBrun decided to double up during her final indoor season at St. Norbert College.
Oregon School District superintendent Brian Busler was one of 16 Badger Conference school administrators to sign his name to a statement condemning racism.
Oregon High School graduate Hudson Kugel earned a prestigious national honor for his performance as part of the University of Wisconsin’s distance medley relay team.
Whether she’s been on the court or on the sideline, Lisa Stone has experienced success in every step of her basketball journey.
Taylor Martin ended her soccer career at Oregon High School and the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in a similar way – with hardware.
After attending Northern Iowa University as a freshman, Alex Duff and several others transferred once UNI’s hurdles coach left for Iowa State.
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC extends physical exam period
- Home Talent baseball: Orioles inactive for 2020 season
- Prep sports: No extended spring season for Oregon athletes
- Youth baseball: OYB’s season, tournaments on hold
- Boys swimming: Pair of Panthers pick D-III schools
- Boys golf: Wisconsin coaches have power to affect change in prep seasons
- Youth soccer: OSC offering options regarding refunds
- Legion baseball: COVID-19 strikes out 2020 season
- Community sports: IRONMAN 70.3 Wisconsin postponed until September
- Prep sports: WIAA talked to IHSAA regarding spring competitions in summer
- Junior hockey: Tradesmen roster taking shape under Babineau
- Auto racing: MIS updates April, May schedule
- Golf: Oregon courses open for business
- Girls basketball: WBCA postpones All-Star Games to August
- Golf: Evers allows courses to open Friday with safety measures
- Women's track and field: Beauchaine off to solid start at UWL
- Prep sports: WIAA BOC cancels spring competition
- Prep sports: UW-Madison cancellations impact WIAA spring state tournaments
- College baseball: Pliner reflects on half a decade at Winona State
- Golf: Play suspended statewide
- Football: Oregon quartet to play at D-III level
- Hockey: NA3HL team coming back to OIA
- Cheerleading: Panthers celebrate successful season
- Column: My must-see sports movie list
- Girls basketball: Schrimpf to represent Panthers at WBCA All-Star Game
- Men's track and field: Kugel enjoyed breakout sophomore season
- Prep sports: WIAA spring sports suspended until April 6
- Prep sports: Uhl named Badger South MVP
- Girls basketball: Panthers grateful for state run despite tournament cancellation
- Girls basketball: Panthers end four-decade state tournament drought
- Youth swimming: Tigersharks capture Division 2 state title
- Boys basketball: Oregon falls in regional quarters
- Girls basketball: Panthers roll to regional title