Sophomore Michael Schliem and freshman Seth Niday have been two of Oregon’s most consistent performers on the mat this season.
Oregon seniors Kaitlyn Schrimpf and Izzie Peterson grew up together playing youth basketball in their hometown, then hit the AAU circuit with Wisconsin Academy, and are now crucial to the Panthers’ success on the court this winter.
Senior Liz Uhl and junior Kailtyn Schrimpf led the Oregon girls basketball team to a 79-46 road rout of Badger South Conference foe Fort Atkinson on Friday, Jan. 3.
A two-week break from game action allowed Oregon to start the new year fresh and on a roll to start its home game against Badger South Conference rival Stoughton.
Oregon senior Liz Uhl scored a game-high 21 points to lead the Panthers to a 77-68 road win over nonconference foe Laconia on Saturday, Dec. 28, in Rosendale.
The Icebergs girls hockey team competed in the Hodagland Holiday Tournament at Rhinelander Ice Arena on Friday, Dec. 27, Saturday, Dec. 28, and Sunday, Dec. 29, in Rhinelander.
- Boys hockey: Panthers split pair of games in Hartland
- Boys basketball: Same score, same result for Oregon
- Wrestling: Niday captures first high school title in Mount Horeb
- Boys swimming: Panthers split pair of dual meets
- Girls hockey: Olson shines for Icebergs in losses
- Girls basketball: Panthers’ offense too much for Vikings
- Wrestling: Schliem captures title at Scramble in Sun Prairie
- Boys hockey: Oregon’s losing streak reaches four
- Girls hockey: Icebergs earn tie against Blackhawks
- Boys swimming: Panthers compete against state’s best in Fort Atkinson
- Girls basketball: Oregon drops showdown against Monroe
- Boys basketball: Panthers rally past Red Hawks for first conference win
- Boys hockey: Panthers snap skid against rival Vikings
- 5. Softball captures long-awaited regional title
- 4. Boys soccer wins conference, regional again
- 3. Beauchaine breaks 35-year-old school record
- 2. Opportunity 34 event fundraises for scholarships
- 1. Golden girls of the pitch
- Boys swimming: Oregon kicks to fourth at Badger South Relays
- Girls hockey: Icebergs strike first against Lightning, but can’t secure win
- Boys hockey: Penalties haunt Panthers in loss to Golden Beavers
- Boys basketball: Panthers split pair of home games
- Wrestling: Oregon places third in first tournament
- Girls basketball: Balanced Panthers back above .500 mark
- Girls hockey: Icebergs still searching for first win
- Boys roundup: Oregon basketball, swimming win season openers
- Wrestling: Panthers hope to move up in conference
- Girls basketball: Golden Beavers dam up Panthers
- Boys hockey: Panthers look to challenge Edgewood for conference crown
- Boys basketball: Guard play key for Oregon
- Girls hockey: Icebergs drop opener to Metro Lynx
- Girls basketball: Panthers rout Blue Devils in season opener
- Girls swimming: Panthers’ 200 free relay takes 20th at state