Prairie View Elementary School students competed in dodgeball and in coordinated group yoga during this year’s Move-a-Thon on Friday, Oct. 11.
While the tax rate will likely drop slightly next year, due to rising home values, residents in the Oregon School District will probably pay a bit more in school taxes next year.
Jumping off cliffs into pristine sea waters, getting up close and personal with sharks and stingrays, hiking up an active volcano – all memorable things.
In the first of several moves to determine which staff and students will fill the new K-6 elementary school in Fitchburg, the Oregon School District named Kerri Modjeski as the school’s leader on Monday.
Voters in the Oregon School District will have a chance to participate in the district’s annual meeting and 2019-20 budget hearing at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23.
Voters in the Oregon School District could see a change in which school board seats they vote for if a board reapportionment plan is approved by electors at the annual meeting and public budget hearing Monday, Sept. 23.
If dinner tables around the world one day are graced with a crunchier, sweeter carrot, perhaps people can thank the efforts of Erin Brakob back in 2019.
In preparation for their annual budget hearing and public meeting Sept. 23, Oregon school board members got an early look at a preliminary budget that projects a slightly lower tax rate for the 2019-20 school year — and the lowest since 2009.
In its fifth year of helping students in need throughout the Oregon School District, the Friends of the Oregon School are now including educators in its focus.
The Oregon School District went back to school on Tuesday, Sept. 3, on a rainy, windy and cloudy morning. Students at Prairie View and Netherwood Knoll elementaries were dropped off by parents and buses, and a few kids got to do both on Tuesday morning.
After hearing often emotional testimony Monday night, the Oregon school board unanimously rejected the Village of Oregon’s version of an agreement to continue allowing a police presence at the high school.
While Oregon School District students will get the final say, next week the district is opening up the naming process for the new school being built in Fitchburg to the public.
- Sessions provide a chance for both learning and fun
- OSD registration begins Aug. 9; includes new ‘Resource Day’ sessions
- OHS grad wins Merit Scholarship
- Another grant for OSD ‘Friends’ group to help students in need
- District to increase signage about cameras at schools
- Student/parent survey helping Oregon School District guide goals on sports
- Burst pipe causes OHS flooding during summer school
- OPD holding ‘active threat’ training at OMS next week
- Consistent approach is key with PBIS as students reach OMS, OHS
- ‘Green’ and growing at NKE
- OAEF receives Alliant Energy community grant
- Dress code changes, awards top recent school year
- NKE students help design, paint storm drain mural
- Solving 'Playground problems' and more with RCI STEAM students
- OSD summer lunch program starts June 17
- OSD sports task force aims for better parent behavior
- OHS students discuss futures in capstone discussions
- Yet-unnamed elementary school set to open in summer 2020
- OHS Graduation 2019
- OHS seniors reflect on high school careers, look to their futures
- OHS graduation set for Sunday, June 9
- Brooklyn Elementary School students participate in STEM Fair
- District educators set to retire
- OSD bus drivers recognized for service
- New OSD school groundbreaking in Fitchburg is June 6
- Math matters: OHS team wraps up fun, competitive year
- County board creates census committee
- Oregon High School students gather for 'A Starry Night'
- Netherwood Knoll Elementary students participate in 'Bike Rodeos'
- OSD elementaries, RCI have different ways of teaching PBIS
- Boundary decisions loom as groundbreaking for Fitchburg K-6 building is June 6
- OHS students compete in SkillsUSA
- OSD investigating student Instagram post