Wisconsin cancels SkillsUSA competition
While high school seniors will graduate in June and most students will move ahead a grade this fall, the rest of the spring remains a mystery amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Next year’s Oregon School District budget will be manageable but tight for additional programming, with the new $46 million school under construction and growth not yet as robust as expected.
Gov. Tony Evers stopped by one of last month’s Oregon High School productions of Thornton Wilder’s famous play “Our Town.” Students performed the Pulitzer-winning play at the OHS Performing Arts Center from Feb. 21-23.
After months of research, discussion and public meetings, the Oregon School District has new, coordinated start and end times for all its buildings for next school year.
Netherwood Knoll Elementary School fourth-grade students, along with their violins, violas, cellos and bass violins, crowded onto the stage of the Oregon High School Performing Arts Center for an orchestra concert on Monday, March 2.
If Brooklyn Elementary School students and staff keep it up, the school’s gardens will start rivaling the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s.
Oregon School District classes and activities will continue as usual — for now — as district officials keep a close watch on local, state and national coronavirus updates.
Brooklyn Elementary School students took on a setlist of simple tunes for their orchestra recital in the school cafeteria on Thursday, Feb. 20. Gathered around BKE orchestra teacher Elisabeth Deussen, the young performers played several traditional songs, nursery rhymes and excerpts from cla…
Sam Horsnell, a University of Wisconsin-Platteville senior engineering physics major from Oregon, is using a creative outlet to enhance his education.
- Board gets recommendations, set to vote on new school start, end times next month
- Oregon High School 2019-2020 Semester 1 Honor Roll
- School start time compromise in works
- 'Rescue Kids' class kicks off 2020 program
- OHS teachers earn National Geographic Educator Certification
- School board to return to committee structure after year off
- RCI students learn where the water goes
- OHS' Ebert gets grant for international math conference
- OHS teacher Beatty to be honored as one of top state ag educators
- Caught in time
- OHS mock trial team seeking seventh straight appearance at state
- District open enrollment to dip
- Going from classroom to construction
- Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr.; honoring today's students
- Oregon School District 4K registration coming up
- Students support each other through RCI GSA club
- OHS production of “Guys and Dolls” nominated for Overture awards
- Sharing their stories: Alumni, OHS students talk life after high school
- STEAM on parade for Netherwood first-graders
- OMS student council holiday fundraiser sets record
- OSD 3K screenings set for Jan. 16 and 17
- Calorie counting prompts OMS class review
- OSD work group will discuss school start/end times
- OPD: ‘No threat’ after bullet found at OHS
- Board to take time on proposed early time change
- Board approves new deal to keep police officer at OHS
- Students pick new name for Fitchburg elementary school
- District K-6 attendance areas updated for new school opening in fall
- OSD schools county ‘Healthy’ honors
- Day of purple creates pancreatic cancer awareness at OHS
- Presentation to OHS faculty: ‘I’m disappointed’
- Multicultural Student Union educating teachers, students about difficulties students of color still face
- Two openings on school board this spring