When voters in the Oregon School District go to the polls on Tuesday, April 7, two familiar names will not be on the school board ballot.
Last year, the district blew past its three allotted “snow days” like a chill January wind, cancelling six days of classes due to cold or snow.
As it has every year since the benchmarks were established in 2015, the Oregon School District improved its overall score on the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction annual report card grades.
It’s going to be a long good-bye for Oregon School District superintendent Brian Busler, who last month announced his plans to retire after the school year.
Equity has been a point of emphasis at the Oregon School District in the past few years, and board members heard Monday night about efforts to engage OSD staff, students and parents on equity issues.
No offense to math, but it’s safe to say Oregon High School students have never had as much fun learning as they do now in the space that hosts the school’s sprawling STEAM lab.
While the Oregon Village Board and Oregon School District continue to work on a new contract that would keep a police presence at the high school, both groups are holding informational meetings on an issue that’s stirred some disagreement.
Oregon High School students are set to perform the musical production of Guys and Dolls at the OHS Performing Arts Center Nov. 8-10. Set in Depression-era Times Square in New York City, Guys and Dolls is about a couple of big city gamblers and the women who love them.
From visiting the state Capitol, to hands-on science experiments, Brooklyn Elementary School fourth-graders had a busy field trip Thursday, Oct. 17, in Madison.
- School Board narrows choices for new K-6 elementary school name
- School Board approves tax levy
- Early boundary plan would assign school, create exemption process, busing zones
- PVE moves together for school-wide Move-a-Thon
- Orange and black is the style for Homecoming week
- Oregon School District residents approve tax levy, board realignment plan
- Rainforest immersion: OHS students get in the thick of it in Guatemala
- Long-time BKE principal Modjeski heading to Fitchburg for 2020-21 year
- Board realignment plan designed to match changing geography, new school
- Oregon School District test scores above state averages in 2018-19
- District residents can vote on tax levy, board realignment at Sept., 23 annual meeting
- OSD school to work program provides early glimpse into ‘real world’
- Board set to approve 2019-20 budget next month; tax rate could decrease
- OSD 'Friends' group adds focus of helping in educators
- Class is back in session for OSD
- No deal on SRO, but school board wants to keep talking with village
- Five things to watch at OSD this year
- Public can help choose name for new OSD elementary school
- ‘Inviting spaces’ in new places
- Sessions provide a chance for both learning and fun
- OSD registration begins Aug. 9; includes new ‘Resource Day’ sessions
- OHS grad wins Merit Scholarship
- Another grant for OSD ‘Friends’ group to help students in need
- District to increase signage about cameras at schools
- Student/parent survey helping Oregon School District guide goals on sports
- Burst pipe causes OHS flooding during summer school
- OPD holding ‘active threat’ training at OMS next week
- Consistent approach is key with PBIS as students reach OMS, OHS
- ‘Green’ and growing at NKE
- OAEF receives Alliant Energy community grant
- Dress code changes, awards top recent school year
- NKE students help design, paint storm drain mural
- Solving 'Playground problems' and more with RCI STEAM students