When teachers in the Oregon School District want students to experience the variety of nature in forests and prairies, they soon won’t have to travel far.
If Brian Busler had to pick out a bumper sticker to sum up his soon-to-be realized retirement, he’d have a tough choice – “I’d rather be fishing” or “I’d rather be teaching.”
When students left their Oregon classrooms on Friday, March 13, they didn’t anticipate the remainder of the school year being conducted at home.
For much of the year, Oregon High School students, staff, families and friends had circled Sunday, June 14, on their calendars for the graduation of the Class of 2020.
Oregon High School senior Nora McGinty has been awarded a National Merit scholarship through the University of Texas at Dallas, where she intends to study neuroscience this fall.
With schools remaining closed for the rest of the school year, Oregon High School held a virtual honors night for the Class of 2020 on Wednesday, May 27. Dozens of scholarships and awards totaling more than $58,000 were awarded to graduating seniors during a ceremony broadcast on the distric…
Friday, March 13, was a bittersweet day for Tiffany Wogsland. As the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic began filtering across the country, she was subbing at Brooklyn Elementary School; about to say goodbye to students for the weekend.
In the end, it didn’t quite add up to another state title, but the numbers don’t lie — Oregon High School’s mathematicians are again among the best in Wisconsin.
With public gathering in a month’s time not looking feasible due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oregon School District is moving graduation back from June 14 to July 26.
With more and more families in financial distress due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, the Friends of the Oregon School District (FOSD) are doing more than ever to help feed those in need.
- OSD wins national award for commitment to music education
- OSD families adapting to stay-at-home schooling
- Longtime board member Zach said this will be his last year on board
- Virtual learning will continue for remainder of school year at OSD
- OHS artists get top honors in state Duck Stamp competition
- District officials still hoping for OHS graduation ceremony
- OMS using ‘pass/no pass’ for 2nd semester grades
- Concert postponed
- Making a new home in the ‘nest’
- Oregon science club team places third at regional robotics event last month
- OHS providing counseling after death of student
- SkillsUSA state competition canceled
- OSD educators settling in to online teaching
- OHS students on ‘pass/no pass’ grades for second semester
- OSD educators prepare for long-distance teaching
- Governing bodies prioritize public health
- New school + low growth = tight budget for OSD in 2020-21
- A visit from the governor
- Earlier start for elementaries, later day for middle, high schools beginning in 2020-21
- NKE fourth-grade orchestra students harmonize on PAC stage
- OHS students win awards at SkillsUSA
- Fitchburg elementary school construction is on schedule
- Brooklyn Elementary's healthy programming honored with $2,000 grant
- No recommendations for gloves, masks or cancellations at OSD due to coronavirus
- Six OHS artists’ works on display at Milwaukee Art Museum
- Budding musicians take stage for BKE orchestra concert
- OHS alum Horsnell 'Kiln Rats' pottery on exhibit at UW-Platteville
- Board gets recommendations, set to vote on new school start, end times next month
- Oregon High School 2019-2020 Semester 1 Honor Roll
- School start time compromise in works
- 'Rescue Kids' class kicks off 2020 program
- OHS teachers earn National Geographic Educator Certification
- RCI students learn where the water goes