A small fire that broke out on the 900 block of Johnson Avenue Sunday evening resulted in structural damage but no injuries, according to Oregon Area Fire/EMS District officials.

The homeowners of the property called 911 after they observed sparks while doing some laundry, approximately 6:28 p.m. Sunday, March 31, chief Glenn Linzmeier told the Observer.

A heavy-duty wall outlet near one of the cleaning appliances lit on fire, along with other objects in that “general vicinity,” Linzmeier said.

“We opened the walls up and made sure the fire extensions were taken care of and ventilated the home,” Linzmeier said. “It probably took us an hour-and-a-half or so.”

– Emilie Heidemann