The party's over, Dane County.
In an effort to protect first responders when providing care, Oregon Area Fire/EMS District staff started using ballistic vests and helmets on calls this month through a $32,000 grant.
Madison International Speedway hasn’t been able to host large enough crowds to have racing, but a “Salute to America” fireworks drive-in event brought in 2,000 people on Friday, June 26.
Seeking to help prevent evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Dane County, in partnership with the Tenant Resource Center (TRC), has launched a more than $10 million emergency package, County Executive Joe Parisi announced last week.
When Village of Oregon board president Jeanne Carpenter first dipped her feet into local government, trustee David Donovan was right there to show her the ropes.
The Oregon Village Board’s examination of driver and pedestrian safety at the intersection of Perry Parkway and Janesville Street will resume Monday, July 13, after a four-month interruption.
The Oregon Area Fire/EMS District would add three full-time positions if it is awarded a federal Assistance to Firefighters Grant the first-responders unit is applying for soon.
The Village of Oregon will upgrade its three-decade old Wastewater Treatment Plant later this year, resulting in likely user fee increases for residents.
- Domestic violence calls in Oregon doubled early in quarantine
- Resolution calls for training, OPD policy updates
- Anderson Park market garden at grower capacity
- New library campaign goes to December
- More residents qualify for TEFAP help through pantry
- Senior center outlines plan for reopening, but remains closed
- County will move to Phase 2
- County will move to Phase 2
- Wisconsin offers option to waive road test
- Gravel pit discussion spurs talk of open meeting violations
- Joint boards to discuss new library capital campaign next steps June 15
- Mulligan’s damaged in crash, no injuries
- Incumbent Pope to run for 80th assembly district
- Oregon native welcomes challenges on Wis. Arts Board
- Notebook: Village slowly reopens amid Forward Dane plan
- Village calls on Congress for emergency aid amid COVID-19
- Notebook: Village entertains all-mail voting
- OPD, county chiefs: Minnesota officers’ actions were ‘heinous’
- Dunn employees can receive extra COVID-19 paid leave benefit
- OHS senior crafts award-winning German essay
- State parks begin reopening as of May 23
- Forward Dane: Restaurants, gyms, retailers can open at 25 percent capacity starting May 26
- 13-year-old accidentally struck by friend’s vehicle
- DOT Hwy 14 improvements to conclude by late August
- Oregon easing restrictions on park use
- Village provides update on budget amid pandemic
- Fundraising slows for major Oregon projects
- Village asks OSD to discuss services to future middle school
- State Solo and Ensemble competition goes virtual
- County unveils ‘Dane Forward’ plan for reopening
- New chief aims to build confidence in police department
- 05.14.2020 Observer senior center menu
- Observer continues streak of excellence