This week, construction crews began concrete paving operations for the new lanes of Verona Road (US 18/151) under Williamsburg Way in Fitchburg. Check out the recent pictures of these activities on the project Facebook page. Later this year, Verona Road traffic will travel under Williamsburg Way and over County PD.
Please do your part to keep other drivers and our construction workers safe...pay attention to the road ahead, slow down, don't tailgate and be patient when driving.
Forward this email to family, friends and co-workers who travel on Verona Road and County PD in Fitchburg, and encourage them to sign up for Verona Road Project email updates!
Fitchrona Road and Nesbitt Road intersection, oversight by city of Fitchburg
Anticipated intersection opening: Early October 2019
Verona Road Project – Weekly Construction Update: August 26-30
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Two lanes remain open to traffic on Verona Road and County PD/McKee Road (in each direction) during daytime hours and weekends.
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the project area. Please continue to patronize the area businesses!
View the Verona Road construction staging plans for summer 2019. Note: you will need to zoom in to see details.
Verona Road, from Fitchrona Road underpass (south of County PD) north to Raymond Road
- Updated: No nightly lane closures anticipated on northbound and southbound Verona Road within these limits.
- Verona Road traffic is located on the interchange ramps between Williamsburg Way and County PD/McKee Road.
- Plan ahead for backups and delays, especially during peak travel times, and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Note: Later this year, Verona Road traffic will travel under Williamsburg Way and over County PD.
- Updated: Read the construction activities underway on Verona Road.
County PD (McKee Road), between Fitchrona Road and Spoke Drive
- Updated: No nightly lane closures anticipated on County PD/McKee Road eastbound and westbound within these limits.
- Turn restrictions in effect from Kapec Road to eastbound County PD (view intersection map).
- Through traffic and left turns from Kapec Road must use the Fitchrona Road intersection with County PD.
- All turning movements for Nesbitt Road remain open.
- Updated: Read the construction operations to occur on County PD.
Plan Ahead: Two week look-ahead for September 3-6
- Updated: Read about the Verona Road Project construction activities for the week of September 3-6.
- Holiday work restrictions in effect from noon Friday (August 30) until 6 a.m. Tuesday (Sept. 3).
For more information, contact:
Verona Road Project Communications Manager
(608) 884-1230 | email@example.com